Friday, September 05, 2008

Ike

The current 5 day forecast of Hurricane Ike puts it right over the Keys on Wednesday as a Category 3 or higher.

My bosses let me know this morning that they are making plans to evacuate on Tuesday and that I and my zoo are welcome to go with them to a friends' house in Central Florida.

I am mostly ready to roll with the animals, but I need to try and do a little prep at the house so that if there is flooding not everything will be ruined.

I'll update as I can, at the very least I'll phone it in to a friend and have him update my blog for me.

Scott has given me the option of "demanding" that he come home and help, but if he does then his company would want to evac him to NM anyway, so I'd only have his help preparing, not during.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Wow! That would kind of freak me out. We will be slightly affected by the hurricane, but only by a rainstorm.

Good luck in your evacuation!