Saturday, September 27, 2008

Packing Up

Things are far enough underway that I feel it is safe to announce our decision...

We ARE moving to Augusta, Georgia (unless we don't for some reason).

Right now we're planning to move around October 15th, we began showing our house here today and a rep from a moving company came to check out the house to see how much to charge Scott's company to move us.

We're trying to find someone to move in here as soon as possible so we don't lose our last month's rent.

Scott has been working very hard the last two days on cleaning the house while I have been working at the pet store. His last official day at work here in Key West will be this Tuesday.

My last day at the pet store will probably be the 12th or 13th and then we are anticipating having the movers take everything on the 15th.

Scott will take Buster, Tempura, Won-Ton and Zim in the BMW and I will take the three cats and Stinkerbell in the Honda. Should be an interesting 13 hour drive... Scott suggested that he and I and Buster go ahead and have Maui drive the other cats and the skunk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks to me you've got a houseful to move I thought 4 kids and 1 dog in a mini van was a lot!!
Let me be the first to welcome you to Augusta CSRA area. What brings you to our great little metroplex?
Marie

Alyson | New England Living said...

Wow! Congrats on the decision!

Anonymous said...

What? I missed how it got back in the running. Well, I hope you like it - I consider Georgia home and there are some good things about it. May it bring you closer to where you really want to be.

moosh in indy. said...

WHAA! How exciting and scary and overwhelming.
Here's what I want to know, what are the skunk laws in Georgia?