Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another Day, Another Project

I'm off again today, which was a wonderful surprise considering I didn't realize it until about 5:30 last night when I was at work and took a gander at the schedule.

I slept until 2:30pm.

But since then I've gotten plenty accomplished, I cooked lunch and cleaned the kitchen and am about to embark on the jewelry-frame-holder-thing.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post some proof that I actually do accomplish things I say I intend to. Most of the time, anyway.

Here's the family tree I've been working on for my Father and his Wife for Christmas. The frame is about 2 feet x 18 inches. I was inspired to do this project by a similar one I did for my almost-sister-in-law last Christmas.

My original inspiration was a Crate & Barrel catalog. It had a kit for sale for $85 that was two frames and some leaves and two half-trees. The idea is that you put the wife's family in one side and the husband's family in the other side and when you hang them together it makes a whole tree.

My thought was why pay $85 when I can make the same thing or better for about $25? The picture on the left is before I put names on all the leaves, but you get the idea.

No comments: