Thursday, August 07, 2008

Steroids

I finally went to the doctor today for the abomination on my face.

I told the doctor the long sordid story and all the details about when this started and what I've been using on it.

She thinks it is likely fungal (isn't that lovely) and prescribed me a cream that is anti-fungal and has a mild amount of steroid. She also prescribed Prednisone and okay'd my using the Burts Bees night eye cream.

If things haven't made significant progress within a week then we'll try something else and see a dermatologist.

4 comments:

Roxy said...

...maybe it's caused by holding a skunk too close to your face for extended periods of time...:)

A said...

Poor baby! I've been all fungal before, too, so don't fret. (Though I've felt just the same way.) I think it's that damn sticky Florida heat. See? That's why it cleared up in Oregon. Poor love. Hugs and best wishes that you're feeling better soon! (Glad you went to the doc!)

Laura Marchant said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Alyson | New England Living said...

I've had fungal issue before too. I never did before moving to the humid east coast.