Friday, November 16, 2007

Back To School: Chapter One

Officially I am planning to get an A.A.S. in Small Business Management. I thought it would be a good idea since I am managing a small business.

I met with my "adviser" today. He told me nothing I didn't already know and basically just talked about himself for a half hour. I learned much more about him and his family than the program, much less received any advice.

I have taken two quarters of college previously and am hoping that some of those credits will apply. At the least it looks like my "Intro to Business" course at MHCC in '97 is still good, and I'm hoping an AP English class in High School transfers as well.

I was expecting my adviser to advise me as to which of my previous credits were now applicable and which things I should start with. Apparently, I have to ask a different adviser to figure that out and I am on my own as far as what classes to take when.

Not that I'm complaining or anything. Ha.

I picked up the course requirements page and a course request form and will get into the 2008 class schedule to figure out what I want to take. I'm going to start easy since I'll still be working full time AND getting married during Spring semester.

No comments: