Thursday, January 22, 2009

Absence

Not that I think I'm a fantastic writer or anything, but I do want to assure you that things are fine and I haven't fallen off the planet.

I've been working very hard at my job (which I still love) and am hoping for another promotion (and RAISE!) soon.

Our store was formerly run by a GM that didn't give a flying focus wall (a work term, new to my vocabulary in addition to "statement", "ped", and "merch") about doing anything other than barely keeping the place afloat.

Said former GM didn't bother with paperwork or planners or making things look good, or even making sense. Consequently the NEW GM (hooray!) who arrived mere months before I did has had to seriously overhaul everything just to begin to catch up.

As always, I love a project, and my day to day work has become a series of them, which I tackle with great ambition and ferocity.

Our delivery truck comes at 6am on Wednesday mornings. Some of you may not know this, but I am NOT a morning person. As a child I was consistently late to school because I hated getting out of bed.

I still hate getting out of bed but find it so much easier to do anytime after 11am, regardless of how early I went to bed. I have noticed that I don't really get into deep sleep until around 3 or 4am, which explains why I have had so many sleep issues for as long as I can remember.

Between getting my sleep at odd hours, working my brain and body very hard at work, and trying to solve any number of crises at home, in my "off" time I am very much brain-dead.

Please accept my apology for the lack of regular posting. But be comforted by the fact that at the very least you'll know when the good stuff goes on sale! :)

No comments: