Saturday, April 19, 2008

From Surf to Snow

Yesterday we left Cannon Beach around 11am and drove to Walla Walla, WA. I enjoyed a nap while Scott helped the family prepare for dinner and then we all ate together at my Grandparents house.

After dinner we enjoyed time with my cousins and their families and spent a little more time this morning with one in particular, enjoying the twin 16-month old boys passionate eating.

Aloha Sushi in downtown Walla Walla prepared a fine lunch which we shared with a friend of mine from high-school, before the wedding we hadn't seen each other since probably mid school year 1992-1993.

Following sushi we packed up our stuff and stopped again at my grandparents house and then at my aunt's farm on the way out of town via Milton-Freewater and Pendleton.

In theory I should be doing laundry and packing. Instead I am going to look up whether the nearest UPS is open tomorrow and then go to bed.

We fly out of Portland tomorrow night - unless the airport closes for snow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with the wedding posts. Can't believe you were blogging on your honeymoon. But I'm glad you had such a great time.

Angela said...

Milton-Freewater. *Sigh* Those were the days -- it's not like I miss them, though. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the Dry Shitties again. lol! ;) Hope your trip home was a good one.