Monday, September 01, 2008

Day #I Don't Know#, Hurricane Season 2008


Faye was no big deal. Seriously.

This picture was Faye around noon on Monday, August 18th. It was a little heavier later that day, but nothing major. We closed up shop and everyone took naps.

Gustav went past on it's way to Louisiana on Saturday, we had some tornado warnings but it too was not a big deal... it sounded and looked less severe than Faye was.

Hannah looks like it's probably going to head up the east coast and miss us entirely, even though right now it is a Category 4 hurricane.

I took advantage of the decent weather today to wrestle the garbage cans out the gate, although I had to work pretty hard to even get the gate open as the back yard is getting pretty overgrown. I may have to pay a friend to mow it.

I actually started a load of laundry before I went to bed last night, so processing it will just be a matter of getting off the couch. I'm hoping to tackle the litter box this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have been lucky. It's funnny about things like hurricanes and tornados - one area's Whew! is another area's Oh, Shit!