Monday, March 21, 2011

Housewifery: Day TWO



On Day One, HusBean and I went to the grocery store shortly after we got up. I threw on a pair of jeans, a tshirt and sweatshirt, and put my hair up in a bun. He threw on a tshirt, some shorts and flipflops.

While we were in the store he made a remark that suggested that I shouldn't dress crappily just because I don't have anywhere to go.

After punching him, I agreed.

During the morning routine I started water boiling for coffee. We use a french press and I made a combination of Trader Joe's Gingerbread and Starbucks Cinnamon and Starbucks Caramel coffees that was quite good.

The necessary things that needed to be accomplished today were picking up all of my food and miscellaneous stuff from work, taking Buster to the vet for a checkup (he hasn't had one in 2.5 years), another grocery store trip since the one we visited yesterday had no basil, pine nuts or dill, and make dinner for my friend Kimberly.

After my mug of coffee and my requisite facebooking, I cleaned myself up and put together an outfit based solely on an awesome pair of shoes I haven't had a chance to wear yet (it's hard to take a picture with your phone when your arms are only so long. I refuse to do a myspace-style in-the-mirror pic).

I managed to get in and out of Pier 1 pretty quickly, taking a picture with my boss since we didn't have a chance on my last day.

Buster had a fantastic vet visit, the vet told me that if Buster didn't have so much grey hair he would never believe that he is 12 and not 5 or 6.

After acquiring the dill, basil and pine nuts at Walmart (I'm surprised they had it!) I came home and made stroganoff for Wednesday night and did the remainder of the dishes.

I made the asparagus pesto and then got a call from Kimberly telling me that her clutch had just broken (the 2nd time in 8 months!) and she was waiting on her dad for rescue.

I am ending my day watching Dancing With the Stars and enjoying my meal.

No comments: