Saturday, March 19, 2011

WAKE UP!


It is the morning of my final day at work. I don't have to be there until 3pm and could technically sleep in, but HusBean has invited people over for this evening and we need to do a little sprucing up around the house.

I got up this morning with the animals (this is what will keep me from sleeping in all day once I'm not working anymore) around 9am. The key to not being driven absolutely CRAZY by my furry children is a carefully developed plan:

1. When Stinkerbell wakes up and gets out of the bed, immediately lock her in the laundry room. This is usually around 5am. This will ensure that she doesn't leave any presents anywhere inappropriate and doesn't bite the dog and wake him up early.

2. When Maui wakes up and starts his yowling routine, GET UP. Don't prolong the inevitable. He will not shut up regardless of if you shove him off the bed, yell at him, or try to lock him out of the bedroom.

3. Wake up Buster and send him outside to do his business.

4. While he is outside,
a. let Stinkerbell out of the laundry room
b. make her breakfast (microwave some frozen veggies or cut up fresh veggies and fruit)
c. feed the cats - supervising closely because when Maui finishes eating (always first) he will head-butt Chou and Minx out of their bowls
d. start Buster's home-made "puck" microwaving
e. start unloading the dishwasher

5. Let Buster back in - mix in a little kibble and some water and garlic powder into his puck.

6. finish unloading/reloading the dishwasher, make coffee

By this time, I am well and truly awake. I might need a nap later in the day depending on when I went to bed, but now I am ready to continue my day.

If I try to go back to bed in between any of these steps, I will want to turn my children into furry little cupcakes.

No comments: