Monday, June 02, 2008

Day Two, Hurricane Season 2008

The Menu for Sunday:
  • Marinated Feta Dip
  • White Bean and Artichoke Dip
  • Beer and Cheese Dip
  • Spinach Feta Triangles
  • Fig and Goat Cheese Crostini
  • Israeli Couscous Salad on Belgian Endive
  • Cuban Corn
  • Kansas City Ribs
  • Grapevine
  • Arnold Palmer
  • Two Cheesecakes with various toppings
  • Miscellaneous Fruit Cobbler
Jenny started shopping today for ingredients, and also picked up some random decorations - a cute little banner that says Just Married, and some wedding bells... I think we'll put up the white Christmas lights on the back patio, too.

I worked an extra hour today, trying to tie up some loose ends in my big labeling and pricing project. Most of which has still gone unnoticed.

I heard today that there are burglers going around Key West breaking into peoples houses while they are at home, sleeping. A woman came into the pet store today and said they got away with her big flatscreen TV and her purse and she and her dogs slept through the entire thing.

I do not envy someone that attempts to break into our house, as they will likely trip over an animal and/or incur the wrath of my husband AND our houseguest, both former Marines.

4 comments:

Scott said...

In regards to the burglary thing... I do not wish to have my privacy--my castle intruded upon. Isn't it enough that we host scores of revelers every year? We pick up bar tabs and live modestly. The burglary thing pisses me off. Its probably for cocaine, which i dedicate, oh aproximately 40 hours a week to try and make difficult and pricy to obtain.

She is right about the Marine thing... and the guns. I can cut a target like Bobby Flay can carve a turkey. Too bad ol' Bobby doesn't know the cycle of operations of a .45ACP.

Cokeheads beware.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy. Are you planning to count down the whole hurricane season?

Marisa said...

Maybe... if I have enough to blog about! :)

Jill said...

As for the menu...
Yes please!