Sunday, June 01, 2008

Day One, Hurricane Season 2008

We kicked off Hurricane Season 2008 with a very hot, sunny day.

I worked about 11 hours today. I usually have Sundays off, but holidays always throw off our schedule. Oddly enough, as the Manager I get to come in on the day we are closed and feed all the animals. But it still "counts" as a day off. So before yesterday, I had been at work every day for 8 days straight. Is it any wonder that I went straight to bed when I got home today and slept hard for about two hours?

Next Sunday is our East Coast Reception, a party in our back yard. The wedding DVD is supposed to arrive any time now (it was mailed over a week ago) and we are hoping to show it on the side of the house thanks to the projector that Travis brought with him from Seattle.

Jenny is catering the party, and has planned a menu to equal that of our actual wedding reception in Portland. Fig and Goat Cheese Crostini, a cheese dip made from feta and cream cheese with a lot of garlic, Bleu Cheese Potato Puffs, and a host of other things that I can't remember right now.

This week is definitely going to be a whirlwind of activity at our house. My new desk is supposed to arrive, along with the new laptop. Hopefully I'll be able to get the front room/office organized so when people walk through our front door on Sunday, they won't have to stumble over the six boxes that have still to be unpacked.

No comments: